Operations Specialist, Freight Business Development
Job ID: 1001 | Hwy Haul (Santa Clara, CA)
We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
We’re looking for someone excited by the challenge of upending a traditional industry and turning it on its head. This position will start as an operations/sales hybrid, where you’ll spend your day talking to and closing prospective customers as well as dealing with customer support. There is a lot of room for growth and the ceiling is very high for what this position can eventually become. But to get there, you’ll have to prove yourself.
Your responsibilities will include
- Conducting research on shippers who would benefit from using our app
- Learning the ins and outs of the trucking industry and demonstrating the benefits of the app to shippers
- Performing a high outbound volume of sales calls & emails to potential shippers
- Closing deals from the first contact to the sale
- Handling customer issues from time to time
Things that are absolutely necessary to succeed in this role
- You are high energy and don’t let rejection slow you down
- You’re not afraid to negotiate with clients and are patient enough to handle conflict
- You can communicate well. You write clearly, thoughtfully, and purposefully. When you speak, you lay the foundations for a long-lasting relationship
- You can juggle multiple tasks efficiently
- You are comfortable with a high outbound volume of phone calls/emails to close deals with prospective customers. You’re not afraid of aggressive goals.
- You can put your head down and hustle. Things change fast and you can adapt quickly.
- You enjoy solving problems and thinking outside of the box
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related fields
- Experience working in the transportation, supply chain or related industries, with sales, account management, business development or consulting experiences being a strong plus
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams, influencing more than $10MM yearly operating costs
- Experience leading and mentoring medium to large sized teams
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to be hands-on with basis analytical tools such as Excel
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and evidence of strong people management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management and excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Prior Experience in Freight Forwarding and Brokerage
Date: March 27, 2019
Hwy Haul is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a
diverse workforce will be instrumental to our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the US, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be provided along with your conditional offer.